Hip pain is inconvenient and painful for anyone, regardless of age, career or gender. It’s common and has numerous potential causes. The precise location and degree of pain can provide invaluable insight into the ultimate cause of your pain.
Read more below to determine if a consultation is right for you and your health.
Symptoms That Can Influence Hip Pain
- Stiffness in hip joints
- Pain near the groin, outer hip or lower hip
- Restricted movement in hips
- Persistent discomfort or soreness in the hip during or after exercise
- Swelling or tenderness in or around the hip area
- Pain while standing or walking
- Unable to bear weight on one or both legs
- Little to no improvement after self-treatment, such as over-the-counter pain medicine
- Inability to stand, walk or complete daily tasks and activities
If you consistently experience one or more of these symptoms, you should schedule an appointment with an expert at Eastern Shore Chiropractic today.
Causes of Hip Pain
Hip pain can have multiple causes that aren’t an underlying disease. Common examples include physical trauma, overexertion, awkward sitting positions, improper posture or muscle strains. Regardless, it is important to have your hip pain examined just in case a debilitating disease, such as osteoarthritis or arthritis, is the cause.
At Eastern Shore Chiropractic, our team of dedicated doctors is prepared to help you achieve the best degree of physical health. Schedule an appointment with us today!